The cost of business shredding services depends on:
- the number of documents you want to shred
- where you want them shredding (on-site or off-site)
- how regularly you want your documents shredding
Some companies base their charges on the weight of paper documents you want them to shred. At Russell Richardson, however, we charge by volume (i.e. how many bags or other containers you have).
Mobile shredding services tend to cost slightly more than off-site services. This is because mobile services require a specialist van and security-vetted staff that are specially trained to operate the on-board equipment.
You can read more about why we charge the prices we do here.
Below is an overview of our prices:
Small business and home office shredding
- from £199 + VAT per year
- ideal for small businesses or home workers
- three sacks delivered per month
- one collection per month
- certificate of destruction
- annual duty of care
- email reminders of collection dates
To read more about our small business and home office confidential waste shredding, see our service page.
- from £55 + VAT for offsite shredding
- from £65 + VAT for onsite shredding
- ideal if you don’t want to sign up for regular collections
- ideal for clear-outs, e.g. before an office move or end of year
You can find out more about our onsite and offsite secure shredding here.
- from £40 + VAT per collection
- includes secure containers (lockable consoles, bins or skips) that you keep on site
- ideal if you accumulate confidential waste paper on a regular or daily basis
Unsure of which shredding service suits your needs? Take a look at our guide to document shredding services or contact the Russell Richardson team for a bespoke quote.
Why you’re unlikely to find free confidential waste disposal services
If you have a lot of confidential waste that needs shredding, it’s unlikely you’ll find a professional service that does this for free, without compromising on security.
Using a professional service means your confidential business waste is disposed of by security-vetted staff operating to a transparent process—you’ll know when and where your data is being shredded and who’s shredding it. And you’ll receive a certificate of destruction afterwards.
Providing a professional, highly secure service costs money, which is why reputable commercial document shredding companies charge for it. Approach with caution any company that offers it for free.
Choosing a company that shreds confidential business waste for free could put your business at risk as it’s highly unlikely to have the training, certifications and infrastructure in place to deal with your waste correctly.
Reputable shredding companies will provide secure paper bins, bags or cabinets free of charge and then collect them, but you will need to pay for the overall service.
Russell Richardson offers a range of confidential waste disposal services, so you can choose the right one for your business’s needs and avoid paying over the odds.
For more information on confidential waste and paper shredding services for businesses visit our page What is confidential waste and how can I ensure my business disposes of it securely?